1. Ask my wife if I've been a good "homemaker." If she tells you I've been a
good one she's being very diplomatic.
2. This has been absolutely true but there is an important
qualification. I believe our administrators play critical roles in our system. I have
never bullied them even when I disagreed with their methods. I've spent time with many of
them while they were on the job so I could learn about their work.
3. I feel this way because of my own experience. Constant training and
brainstorming with other faculty keep teachers fresh.
4. I have voted whenever possible to allow such environments to come into being.
Birchwood's core knowledge School, Chester Park's lab school, The Edison Schools are such
5. I've helped educate the public about educational costs. I held out as
long as possible on a contract that the district couldn't afford. I also voted to
"levy to the max" when it became obvious that not doing so would put the
district further in debt. However, in so voting, I violated a promise not to levy to the
max (a promise made in 1997). Perhaps this can be excused as "spending that is
6. kids and their well being are always the bottom line. I keep these
statistics in mind every day. We can not afford to let such statistics excuse us from
doing justice by and fully educating our children.